Whether it’s chocolate cake, your daily dark chocolate dose, or chocolate syrup on your ice cream, chocolate is delicious. Chocolate stains, however, are a notorious laundry challenge. If you get chocolate on your clothes, shoes, carpet, or couch, let OxiClean™ help you get chocolate stains out.
How to Remove Chocolate Stains with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover
If some chocolate ends up on your shirt or other clothes, don’t despair. The power of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover is formulated to tackle food-based stains and lift them out of fabric fibers.
Here’s how to get chocolate stains out of clothes in four easy steps.
- Mix a solution of OxiClean™ and water. Fill the scoop to Line 2 to Line 4 per gallon of water. Follow the instructions on the package and mix until completely dissolved.
- Submerge chocolate-stained items in the OxiClean™ solution.
- Soak for 1-6 hours. For best results, soak for the full 6 hours.
- After soaking, transfer the items to your washer and wash as normal with detergent. Add OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to the drum with your clothes to boost cleaning power.
Always test OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse and allow it to dry. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for water temperature and cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather, or on fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Get Chocolate Stains Out With OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray
If you’ve got a fingerprint chocolate stain, or a small drip or spot, you can pretreat just the stain, and wash later. OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Laundry Stain Remover Spray is formulated to fight tough, dried-in stains, including chocolate. With its targeted spray, you can directly and precisely treat the chocolate stain.
Follow these steps to remove smaller chocolate stains from clothes:
- For best results, treat stains while still fresh. Rinse the chocolate stain in cold water.
- Pretreat the chocolate stain by spraying OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray directly on the stain. Do not treat the garment while wearing.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to up to a week. For fabrics that are prone to color change, do not let stand longer than 5 minutes.
- Wash with your usual detergent in cold water. Boost the stain-fighting power by adding a scoop of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover™ directly to the drum with your clothes.
Always test OxiClean™ MaxForce™ Spray on an inconspicuous area first. Always follow manufacturer’s instructions for water temperature and for cleaning. Do not use on wool, wool blends, silk, silk blends, leather or fabrics labeled dry clean only.
How to Remove a Chocolate Stain from Carpet
Your child spills their ice cream. A candy bar melts on the rug. You drop brownie crumbs on the floor and then grind them into the carpet. There are many ways that you can acquire a chocolate stain on your carpet or area rug. You only need one way to remove chocolate stains: OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover Spray.
Follow these steps to get rid of chocolate stains on your carpet:
- Immediately blot up any excess chocolate. The quicker you can treat the stain, the easier it will be to remove. Don’t worry if you find a dried-on chocolate stain, though.
- Test OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area of carpet, such as behind a door or piece of furniture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Do not use on wool, leather, or silk.
- Spray OxiClean™ Carpet & Area Rug Stain Remover directly and liberally onto the chocolate stain. Saturate the area so the solution can penetrate the carpet fibers and dissolve the stain.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Blot the area with a clean, color-fast cloth or sponge. If the stain persists after drying, repeat a second time.
- Vacuum the area after it is completely dry.
How to Get Chocolate Stains out of Upholstery
Upholstered furniture can wind up with chocolate stains, and you can’t throw your couch in the washing machine. You can use a solution made from OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to remove chocolate stains from upholstery:
- Remove excess chocolate before treating the area.
- Fill your OxiClean™ scoop to Line 1 and add to 16 ounces of water to make a solution. Make sure it fully dissolves.
- Do not apply the solution directly onto the upholstery stain. Instead, apply it to a clean white towel, and use it to blot the stain. Continue applying solution to the cloth and the cloth to the upholstery until the stain is no longer visible.
- Then, dampen a second clean white towel with water and blot the area to rinse.
- Let dry naturally.
Only use OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover solution on water-washable upholstery. Always test OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover on an inconspicuous area first. Rinse and allow it to dry. Safe on colorfast fabrics only. Always refer to packaging for instructions.